Quick Tips For Writing An Essay About School Holidays
The subject of school holidays most likely breeds excitement in the heart of nearly every student. The chance to have a break and do what you want without the strict and demanding schedule school dictates is what most students longingly look forward to. This should be an easy and enjoyable subject to write about; the trick is finding a topic idea that’s a little unique as well as interesting.
Most students write about a place they’ve been to over the holidays, how they enjoyed it, what was disappointing and so forth. You could also write about where you’ve always dreamed of going, and why you want to go there.
Various angles you could take include:
- What I did during my last school holiday
- The most exciting places my family and I have visited during school holidays
- How to make the most of your school holidays
- How to enjoy your school holidays no matter where you travel
- How to use my school holidays to become a better student
- How to avoid studying during school holidays
- Which is more exciting – winter or summer holidays from school?
- What I learned that was most life-changing during my last school holiday
Brainstorming for ideas
It’s a good idea to sit down and do some brainstorming even after you’ve settled on the exact topic you want to write on. If you’ve never tried making a mind map, it’s really helpful as well. Trying to write an entire paper just looking at a white screen is rather difficult, but when you’ve already got lots of words or ideas to look at, your brain can go into high gear.
Here are some questions that can help you in your brainstorming session:
- What issues or problems characterise your topic?
- What pertinent points do you want to cover and why?
- Are there any questions that arise when you think about your topic?
- What feelings do you have when you think about your topic, and what experiences are they connected to in your school holiday?
Take all your ideas you generated and group them into like categories. This will help you form paragraphs for your essay. You don’t have to form a solid outline using these categories of ideas, but it sure will help you in organizing your thoughts and writing your paper in a logical manner. It shows you at a glance if you’ve got all the elements you want to include.