A List Of Unique Crime And Punishment Essay Topics
The Russian novel by Fydor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment is a popular novel that you may have to write an essay on. Coming up with essay topics is not always easy. There are just so many aspects that are involved in a novel. Once you have come up with a good topic for your paper, you will be able to assimilate the information and really start to digest what the author was thinking when they wrote it. Here are some really good ideas that can help you with your paper. Choose one of these or come up with your own. These will at least get you brainstorming some good ideas.
- 1. Discuss poverty in the novel
- 2. Why does Alvona get murdered by Raskolnikov?
- 3. Explain how foreshadowing is used in the novel 4. Show how the city is the symbol of society.
- 4. What do the apartment descriptions show about the characters?
- 5. Compare Razumikhin and Raskolnikov
- 6. How is the plausibility of the narrative get affected by coincidence as a plot device?
- 7. How is religious redemption used as a theme?
- 8. What role does Levezyatnikov play in the novel?
- 9. How does Lebezyantinikov's character reflect his political views?
These ideas will get you started. The topic that you choose is important because it will either help you or hinder you. If you choose a topic that is intriguing and keeps your interest, you will see that your paper is a lot easier to write. If you choose a topic that bores you, you will struggle because you won’t be invested in it.
The next step is to write an outline. You can write a simple one if you want but you have to make sure that you write one. Find the key points that you want to discuss and work on putting them in a logical order that focuses on promoting your main point. Now develop your main point of thesis. This is the answer to your topic question. The body paragraphs or main points will support your point.
Your paper should reflect a true understanding of the text. To show this, you want to include some proof from the text in the way of quotes. Choose some really good quotes that really prove the points that you are making and your paper is sure to be a success.